Co-Chairperson, Linda Loglisci: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chairperson, Laura Schultz: 203-924-4320
The Missions Team meets on the third Monday of the month in the Giffin Room.
The Mission Team leads the congregation in service, mission and outreach opportunities. This includes supporting and educating about UMC projects including Special Sunday giving, participating in the Greater Bridgeport Area CROP Walk and arranging for Christmas donations for Wesley Village, the Salvation Army, TEAM and the Binghamton Children’s Home. The team also coordinates dinners at Spooner House, the local homeless shelter, and encourages individuals to join Volunteer in Mission projects.
Some of our Mission projects and outreach efforts:
- Imagine No Malaria:umc.org/site/c.lwL4KnN1LtH/b.5303261/
- Operation Christmas Child: Operation Christmas Child is a program of Samaritan’s Purse, a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. Since 1993, more than 100 million boys and girls in over 130 countries have experienced God’s love through the power of simple shoebox gifts from Operation Christmas Child. Samaritan’s Purse works with local churches and ministry partners to deliver the gifts and share the life-changing Good News of Jesus Christ. For more information, please go tosamaritanspurse.org
- Angel Tree: providing children in need with gifts at Christmastime
- Ladles of Love & Shelton Food Bank: monthly food collection for those in need within our community
- Spooner House: we provide a monthly meal for the residents
- Area Congregations Together (ACT): supporting Spooner House in providing food and shelter for the homeless
- United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR): responding to emergency needs throughout the world
- Souper Bowl Sunday & the 30 Hour Famine: youth programs to combat world hunger
- South Central Emmaus: spiritual retreats for youth throughout Connecticut
- UMARMY: Christ centered youth work camps that serve people in need.
- UMC Black College Fund, Mission Priority Fund, Hispanic Ministry, Africa University Fund & Church World Service, UMC Homes